Saturday, March 10, 2007

siao on or simply siao?!

thurs nite finally went to see a doc; flu on and off since mon... "pre-warn" my boss tat i might be on mc yest...

suay thing is otw to the mrt, i fell and twisted my ankle! a lady was right behind me and was very helpful... but due to "face" matter, i insisted i'm okie... yah lah i lied. how to be okie when i was wearing a 3" heels?! -_-" limp all the way to mrt then to see doc then back home...

yest did came into office after lunch. the few extra hours of rest did wonders to my flu. felt much better and fever was gone, plus it's fri the most bz day of the wk, all letters and courier have to be out, and i must ensure i've cleared ALL my diaries...

colleagues were asking why i on mc still come in? and one comment of me being the model employee came out frm one of them... issit a compliment? frankly, it doesn't come across to me as one... more like "why u so siao on? spoilt market lah!"

maybe i siao... i not doing tis to "3-leg" my lady boss or win the best employee award [there's ain't one anw]... it's simply call "responsibility". or u can call it "workaholic"... the bottomline is, i'm happy with my job and i actually enjoy it!

sidenote: i no longer doing my wkend nite job liao. they have other gals liao, nvr schedule me already... -_-" hopefully can survive AND save $$ w/o tat and rental...

4 comments:

MaxOnline said...

Ha...in my entire career, only my current post when on MC did i still come to work.

I agree is largely due to responsibility plus u love your current working environment.

lAzy pAnda said...

as long as the "gossipers" dun spoilt my environment, it ain't bad a place to work and learn... cos small mah, we cover mountain cover sea, good for portfolio! hahhaaa

kittyn said...

but frankly, your colleague has a point about spoiling market too. Cos if YOU do it, then the bosses are expecting them to do it too... which can be unfair. It's a fine line to draw. If you have something that important that your job hangs on the line, you come back and do it, it's fine.

Otherwise if you're just clearing routine paperwork, suggest you take that MC and rest. It's being fair to your other colleagues who may have their valid reasons for MC too. It's called peer EQ in a working environment.

kittyn said...

and no I'm not saying a sense of responsibility is wrong. I'm just saying that being fair to fellow colleagues is a good way to ensure you don't subconsciously step on other people's toes to make cc and bcc impossible. :)