Thursday, March 10, 2005

killer heels....

According to history, heels are invented for horse riding to prevent their feet from slipping out of the stirrups. It proceed to become a symbol of status and rank from 1215... and in the 1550s heels were vogue for BOTH sexes! Ard 1950s, the stiletto were invented and very pointed toes are in vogue again for BOTH sexes...

Why tis sudden burst of historical stuff? cos my feet are killing me! Ever try running around (not literally of cos) whole day in a 3 inch stiletto? All the weight resting on the ball of my foot... Calf strained frm all the walking... Back aching from carrying bags of dog food and biscuits.... Inititally plan to have dinner outside, but end up taking cab home.... buay tahan liao....

Call it vanity. Women wear things tat actually make them suffer while looking good... Cantonese has a saying, "want beauty dun want life"... Sadly it's true. Dun get me wrong i love heels, it accentrates the legs and straighten our posture. And believe it or not, i actually fall less often wearing heels than flats. Perhaps it's becos i'll make an effort to walk more properly in heels... when in slippers? it's not called "tuo xie" for nothing u noe... :P

will i still wear my heels after all the pain it inflicted on me? yes definitely! call me a woman, see me walk! hahahaa....

2 comments:

kittyn said...

the only thing i have against heels is that it makes my back ache...

remember those high heels i used to wear?? I can't wear those now and have to settle for shorter heels... cos if i walk ard a whole day on high heels, the small of my back will threaten to break.... bad for the back...

lAzy pAnda said...

ooh those? hehehee.. yup yup...

amazing i used to be able to chase the bus in heels... now it threatens to break my feet into million pieces.... :(